Thursday 8 July 2021

D7 Another trip to Ioannina

Katka and Maros set off early again in the hire car to pick up the oil cap from the service there and a canopy from Ikea next door. They stopped on River Lauros for a delicious lunch beneath the trees and swam in the river.



I gave Oliver breakfast when he woke up and off he went to the CS children's gang. I relaxed beneath the trees in the camp.



When Katka and Maros returned K, O and I went to a pancake place for lunch. Then in the afternoon there was swimming and windsurfing and setting up the canopy.






In the evening we had dinner with the CS group on a long table. I went and sat with the owner and watched the first half of the England Den- mark game on the restaurant TV.
Then we moved to hotel Cosmos for the second half and then I watched the extra time at the camp. It seemed like everyone else there was supporting Denmark so I celebrated the penalty goal with quiet dignity.






2-1 to England and a place in the final - a great end to a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment