Friday 9 July 2021

D9 A trip to Sivota

In the morning, after breakfast I went for coffee on the square with Katka and Maros. Katka and I bought postcards and went to the bakery where we bought two freshly baked squares of baklava.






Later I cycled to up to Syvos along the country road. I saw hooded crows, wonderful olive trees, ducks, lemons, a spring by the side of the road, a friendly Greek babka with her two granddaughters and a hiker. The journey there and back was 15km. It was hot and sunny but I went earlier than yesterday so it was not so intense.

At Syvos I had a big frappĂ© and a large glass of iced water at the taverna and I drank down both. I looked round the little square and looked out at the view. I could see Vassiliki and the bay. 




Meanwhile the others went paddle boarding out to the far side of the bay and visited a cave they found there. 

We had lunch at Aerika's again. Then in the hot afternoon we dozed and relaxed at the camp till it was time for an evening swim and to watch the surfers down on the beach.

Later we got changed and Katka drove us to the pretty harbour town of Sivota. Maros and Oliver did some fishing. They caught two fish which they then released, and found a lot of snails. Katka and I had a look in the shops. 



Then we went for a nice fish supper at the 12 Gods. We had a table by the water. The waitress brought us a container of coffee grinds to burn to keep away the wasps. Beside us sat a table of Italian pensioners enjoying themselves. Darkness fell. In the hills the lights of the villas shone. We bought fridge magnets and Katka drove us home again - tired and happy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment