Friday 27 June 2014

Skibotn to Harstad

We had a nice breakfast outside in the sun and then Katka and Maros went for a bike ride and I went for a walk. Next to the camp there was a bird reserve and you could see the gulls fishing in the river. On my walk I saw a red squirel but he was camera shy and as I stood still to take the picture mosquitoes took the chance to have an early lunch. The temperature was now 13°C. Katka and Maros went into the town and found a small marina.

Maros hosed down the back of the campervan and has put his reindeer and Nordkapp stickers up.

Then we packed up and set off 270 km to Harstad. Again the scenery was wonderful and the roads were clear and we got to Harstad at 18.30. I watched Germans gutting fish they had caught as I cleaned some strawberries.

We had a delicious tea of tomato soup and potatoes with onion, and sour milk to drink. Then Katka and Maros went for a bike ride and I have stayed to read and look out over the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment