Thursday 29 June 2017

Day 4 Arrive in Pamplona

Last night I had a lovely meal cooked by Nobert the Japanese chef in the albergue, along with Park from S Korea (very serious person)  and Tomaya from Osaka who works in the Harry Potter theme park there. Norbert produced stuffed mushrooms, stuffed green peppers and a vegetable dish with pasta. We gave him 3 euros for his efforts and I brought a bottle of wine and Tomaya gave us all biscuits for dessert.

There was also a group of 2 Americans (Josh and Moira) and a Slovenian girl and German boy cooking together and another big happy group of Italians who cooked together later. Everyone was in a good mood.

I was lucky to arrive just before an absolute downpour as the trail was very steep down into Zubiri. Later there was another downpour with hail.

I set off after 6 and  got to Pamplona by 12. I was worried about rain but I managed to get to my aubergue just before the gentle rain came.

No comments:

Post a Comment