Saturday 30 July 2022

Giardini Biennale D5

I walked to the Giardini Gardens and had time for a coffee with views of the lagoon. We had a great tour guide of the Biennale and the chosen pavillions - France, Uk, US, Nordic countries (the Sámi pavillion), and also of the central area. It was sweltering and I fermented rebellion in the toilets due to the long queue for the women, ate and drank something, left inspired and returned to the hotel to recover.

In the evening, I went to find a vegetarian cafe in the west, but following google instructions I suddenly saw I was at the Church of the Angel Raffael and there was a relief of the angel and Tobias. There was a small restaurant in the square getting ready to start serving and I had a truly nourishing meal there. Lovely to watch the people as the place filled up and enjoy the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment