Monday 25 July 2022

Sunday evening in Venice D3.2

After viewing paintings of hell and paradise, I decided to take the vaparetto up the grand canal to the train station and visit the park there. It was lovely to escape the crowds, sit by the fountain, watch the birds and enjoy the shade of the trees for an hour. 
Then I walk back along the canals in a leisurely way. It was so easy to find my way, unlike the first evening. I had a great beer at the Accademia bar where a young busker was playing the bassoon with great elan, and there was a lovely view of the dome of the Santa Maria della Salute. 
I then felt peckish so I wandered to the Corner bar and had some chicchetti and another glass of beer by the canal. It was still hot when I made my way back to the hotel. I watched a family getting out of a water taxi at the Hotel American next door with an amazing number of huge suitcases. 
Then I enjoyed sitting outside on thw now cooler patio, reading and sipping the miracle of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment