Sunday 24 July 2022

Vienna - Venice Adventure D1

Journey from Banska to Bratislava, Petrazalkova train station in a lovely air-conditioned car driven by a great driver. Travelled with Katka, grandson Max and son-in-law. Then I had coffee in Brat with Greta as well, who I finally met after sending her photos of her mother.
Then on to Vienna by train and a walk in the hot, hot sun along the right road for my hotel but the wrong direction. I realised when I saw the name of the tube station. So I hopped on the tube and the Hotel Josef Strauss was just by tube stop. 
After freshening up, I went out into the sweltering city. I walked to the Museums Quarter. It was hot in the shade and just unbearable in direct sunlight. 
I had a small meal in the Kantina and revived. 
I walked some more and saw the interesting Beethoven memorial. Enjoyed watching the scooters and cyclists whizzing around. But it really was scorching. In the end I had a beer at a small Austrian/Vietnamese bar near the hotel and watched the locals walking their dogs.
Afterwards I returned to the hotel exhausted. It was nice to revive with the aircon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment