Monday 9 July 2018

Day 15: Neda to Pontedeume

Yesterday was so peaceful at the albergue - people sitting quietly and writing their journals, sitting on the grass looking out over the estuary, sleeping or dozing. I met Felix again at Pension Margarot in the evening and I also had a chat with a New Yorker called Patrick. The hospitalero turned up at 8.30pm to check us all in and then I just sat outside soaking up the last rays of the sun. Today's section is just 16km but with a bit of a climb after the first 5km. Hopefully I'll find somewhere to drink cafe con leche before the hill.

The alarms started ringing before 6 in the albergue. I waited for most people to get going and then got on the road myself at around 7. It was a warm sunny day and I walked alone to Fena where I am having a coffe and juice at a very busy cafe before climbing the hill. The bull running in Pamplona is on about 10 screens in the cafe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment