Tuesday 10 July 2018

Day 16: Pontedeume to Betanzos

A decent walk today - 20km with a lot of ascents and descents. I left the albergue at around 6.45 and had breakfast in a cafe on the riverfront. It has been the best day's walking in terms of views and countryside. We climbed out of Pontedeume and had great views of the bay. We passed a beach and bird reserve at Mino. I booked a room yesterday at Pension El Horreos so there was no need to race for the albergue. I've had a great lunch in a proper restaurant Os Arcos - 3 courses with wine, the biggest piece of bread I've ever been given in a restaurant and decent service and proper napkins - all for 9.50 eur. I met Felix on the way and two Italians who may join me in the Pension. It is a bright sunny day. Time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment