Sunday 15 July 2018

Day 21: Sigueiro to Santiago

Roseanna was determined to walk in to Santiago with us this morning and she managed it. We had a good16km walk - a bit overcast and a brief shower but good walking weather. It was a nice approach through oak forest.
We met one of the pilgrim kids lying on the track with cramps. Her friend had called the carers who came running back to her. I gave her one of my dehydration tablets and we gave her some water.
Santiago is full of arriving pilgrims. I lasted 5 min in the Pilgrim's Office before I left the massive long queue for the Compostela. I had a beer and some delicious Galician cheese instead. I also bumped into Rick and Alexandra.

Now I am in my posh room on Rue de Villar near the cathedral. Quiet, refined, and all mine!

Tomorrow I fly to London. The summer's pilgrimages are over.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!
    What a lovely foto. I miss this moment.

    ReplyDelete