Wednesday 5 July 2017

Day 10 Limping into Ventosa

Today I woke up early and escaped from the Municipal aubergue into the dawn. I walked from 6am and the path went through a lake area and wildlife sanctuary. I was feeling tired though and a French man I know called Roman who was walking happily barefoot for a while gave me a foot massage.

I had a coffee and a pain chocolate in Navarrette and then went on very slowly to Ventosa. I had a beer and a slice of tortilla but I was feeling exhausted and took painkillers and slept for 2 hours when I got my bed.

The hospitaliera has advised me to go to the health centre tomorrow in the next town and get my foot seen to by a doctor. I shall also stay a couple of days in a private  aubergue there which she has booked for me. I feel I need to give my feet a rest.

Off for a meal and a glass of wine with a nice Latvian lady who washed my clothes for me this afternoon while I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment