Friday 7 July 2017

Day 12 Rest Day in Najera

I've had a quiet day doing washing, visiting the health centre where I was told my feet have improved and I can walk tomorrow, and reading.

A French woman at the aubergue called her insurance company to take her home as her leg hurt so much. Most of us are not as tough as the pilgrims of the past.

I went to see the Monasterio de Santa Maria La Real. It has a wonderful cloister and a huge baroque alter in the church. The back of the church is the red cliff face with the strange spooky statue of the Rose Virgin set back in a cave in the cliff guarded by tombs of ancient kings.

After I went to Meson Olimpo again for lunch of pasta and lamb.

In the evening I had a walk around the town centre.

Tomorrow I shall start walking again. The nearest village is just 6km away and I'll see how my feet feel when I get there and decide whether or not to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment