Monday 3 July 2017

Day 8 the hard road to Sansol

In the evening I had a pilgrim's menu dinner of vegetable stew, hake and salad and a caramel dessert. I sat and talked with a young American from Indiana.

After a breakfast chat with the oldest walker I think I've met - a spry talkative French octegenarian who was a hospitalier on the Puy route for 20 years, I set off in the bright clear morning down the gentle path to Los Arcos. There was a great view of the plain below us.

After Los Arcos it grew hotter and my feet began to feel sore in my shoes. I plan to buy a new pair with thicker soles in Logrono.

I've stopped in Sansal at Aubergue Sansol and soaked my sore feet in the cool pool there. I've had a shower and a beer and an interesting talk with an Anglican priest called Graham from Whitby.

Today I have walked 21km.

No comments:

Post a Comment