Sunday 2 July 2017

Day 7 The sun comes out at Villamayor

I had a lovely stay at La Casa Magica and there really was something magical about it. I had a massage, a foot soak, my blister tended to and an excellent meal of vegetarian paella with Mary Kate from Dublin and two cyclist Finns who live in London and had just started their camino.

I slept well and woke up refreshed at 7am. I walked 4km to the lovely town Estella and had a great cake txanchigorri and coffee for breakfast. I then climbed up to the Monastry of Irache that provides pilgrims with wine and water from taps at the gates.

The sun was out but it was not too hot and I walked up through the  woods to the village of Azqueta and then on to Villamayor de Monjardin where I have stopped for the day at the nice new clean Aubergue Villamayor Monjardin. After a shower and change of clothes I feel like a new person and am enjoying a beer and tortilla in the lively village bar.

Today I have had a short day and just walked 12km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment