Tuesday 4 July 2017

Day 9 The Gleaming Spires of Logrono

I set off in the dawn at 6.15 to the next village of Rio de Torres where I had a cafe con leche and a couple of little Spanish donoughts for breakfast. I sat on the square and watched the swallows.

Then I set off on the pleasant walk to Vianes. It was warm but not hot and walking in my sandals was quite good. I walked for a while with a Danish woman who taught at a nautical college.

In Vianes I bought a new pair of walking shoes and donated my asics to the municipal aubergue in case someone else wants them. I also met the young couple from Florida again. They had been delayed when Laine got a fever and had to rest for two days.

The walk to Logrono was hot and I got lost at one point and ended up scrambling through scrub. Coming into Logrono was neverending and my feet throbbed and I wondered at one point if I was leaving the city. Eventually I was walking through a nice park and over the bridge into the historical centres.

I'm staying at the municipal Aubergue de Peregrinos. It is only 7 eur but quite crowded. There was nice cool fountain in the entrance that I could sit and cool my feet in.

What was the first thing I ordered now I have arrived in the Rioja region? A nice cool glass of beer.

Today I walked 22km in the hot sun (36C/97F)

No comments:

Post a Comment