Thursday 6 July 2017

Day 11 Hurray for Spanish Healthcare

At 8.00 am I took a taxi from the aubergue with 3 French Canadian girls who were going on to another town. I was dropped off outside the healthcare centre and within 5 mins had an appointment for 9.30 when the doctor started.

I went for coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice to the  local cafe where all the healthcare workers seemed to meet up for a coffee and animated discussion before work.

Just before 9.30 I saw the doctor and at 10.00 I saw the nurse who saw to my blister and they told me to come back tomorrow to change the dressing. I also got a course of antibiotics. The Spanish healthcare system seems very fast, efficient and free at source. Viva Espania!

I had a look around the centre of Najera and now have a bed for two nights in a pretty aubergue that was booked for me by the hospitalier at Ventosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment