Saturday 1 July 2017

Day 6 Villatuerta and the Casa Magica

Set off around 6.30 and walked alone through the fields to Puente La Reina where I began to see my fellow pilgrims on the path. The way was through vineyards, very pretty stone villages and along a Roman road.

I had a brief stop in Cirauqui for a pasty and had a chat with the South African, met the S Korean Hewen, ran into Jauma and a lot of others I know. I met two new Americans from Seattle (Sharon and Mary Lou) who are staying in  hotels and shipping their packs. I also spoke to another Los Angelean called Amy.

In Lorca I realised I had developed a blister on the sole of my left foot which is really annoying as my heels were fine today and everything else is fine.

I shook hands with the older Spanish group as they finish today and I saw the Danes again who laughed as I trundled by like a Duracel bunny as they rested. I had a bowl of lentil soup in  Lorca  as they played opera arias from Youtube. Then the last hard section to Villatuerta and the highly recommended Casa Magica where I've booked a massage before a vegetarian dinner to sort out my pummeled muscles. 

I did 23km today and have done over 100km in total.

No comments:

Post a Comment