Monday 10 July 2017

Day 15 Espinosa del Camino

This morning I woke up at 7.30 after a great night's sleep in my own room with sheets. I had breakfast and set off in a very gentle rain to Belorado. I finally got to wear my bright orange poncho.

I walked for an hour with a South Korean student who was studying Spanish and was also a Dr Who fan. I persuaded him to sing us a song - he chose the theme tune to an anime show called One Piece. It turned out to be a surprisingly good marching song.

In Belorado I was lucky and found a local market with plenty of stalls selling clothes. I asked a Spanish stall holder to find me something and I am now the proud owner of some blue polyester 3/4 length trousers. They fit fine and will dry quickly. I also got a big replacement scarf covered in butterflies. It took me just 10 min to replace my forgotten clothes.

The rain stopped and I decided to go on to Tostanos where I had a chat with an American couple from North Carolina. Then I tried to get a place in the aubergue in Villambistia but it was full so I went on 1.5km to Espinosa del Camino. The aubergue is just 5 eur and very rickety but no bunk beds and there is a nice French Canadian woman there called Anik that I chatted with while my clothes were in the longest ever cycle of the wash. It seems a rather poor run-down village but the people are nice and my feet are holding up well.

No comments:

Post a Comment